Sunday, June 10, 2012

48-Hour Book Challenge: The End is In Sight!

The end is in sight, but it's still some distance away.  However, this is probably the last update I'll post before the end of the challenge.  I have a little more than ten hours remaining of my 48, and I plan to spend most of that time reading (though it's entirely possible that a nap will overtake me at some point).  So far, I've read 17 hours and 45 minutes.  I have not finished any books since my last update -- I made a little progress on The Way of Kings and listened to a few discs of The Hero and the Crown while driving.  I'm still hopeful about finishing The Way of Kings, but I also need to stop by and comment on some blogs, particularly since several of you have stopped by to comment on mine!  I'll save that for when I need a break in a few hours.  For now, on with the big book. . . .

4 comments:

  1. 17 hours and 45 minutes - That's impressive! Congrats on a successful #48HBC, and good luck on your last 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job! I hope you don't have to go to work tomorrow...my end time is 8:00 p.m. and I think I'm just going to shower and crash (certainly no reading before bed tonight!)

    I'm happy I found your blog-it's always nice to see what other children's librarians are reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I work the evening shift tomorrow, so at least I can sleep in a little bit.

      Delete
  3. You're doing good! If you can keep from sleeping, you're a better woman than I.

    ReplyDelete