Saturday, June 9, 2012

48-Hour Book Challenge: Afternoon Update

I'm about 17 hours in to the 48-Hour Book Challenge at this point, though I've only spent 8.25 of those hours reading and blogging.  I'm 402 pages into The Way of Kings, and I'm thinking it may be time to read something else for a while.  The story is good, but the small print and sheer heft of the 1,000-page tome is giving me a headache!

Other than that, not much to report.  My dog loves days where the two of us lounge around the house, so she probably wishes every weekend could be a 48-Hour Book Challenge!  Any other 48HBC readers out there?  How's it going for you all?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd definitely recommend switching it up with a faster read or two. That is the only thing that kept my eyelids propped open during the exhaustion times.

    How is The Way of Kings going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After posting this, I decided to finish off Starcrossed, which I did in an hour or so. Then I picked up Homesick: My Own Story by Jean Fritz from my TBR pile. I thought I hadn't read it before, but parts of it are seeming very familiar, so I supposed I must have read it when I was growing up. I'm about halfway through that, now -- when I finish it, I'll probably go back to Way of Kings.

      Delete
  2. I hope your Sunday reading is going well; I have finished my 48 hours and will write a final post a bit later. I am on such a roll I hope to continue to read a significant amount today. I am currently reading The Friendship Doll and it is fascinating. All the best, Book People Unite!

    ReplyDelete