Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Suitors and Sabotage by Cindy Anstey

Lady Imogene Chively is kind of dreading the upcoming house party, to be honest: her lone suitor from her recent London season is coming, and though he is a pleasant young man and a good match, her shy personality means entertaining any company can be a bit of a chore. Fortunately, her bubbly friend Emily will also be on hand. Ernest Steeple, the aforementioned suitor, does arrive, as does his brother Ben. Over the course of that house party and the ones that follow, Imogene slowly realizes that she is not in love with Ernest — but she may be falling in love with Ben! Worse, a chain of seemingly accidental misfortunes have befallen Ben. Is someone trying to get him out of the way?

I found this Regency romance thoroughly enjoyable. The pacing was a bit leisurely, but the characters were so nicely drawn and the plot so interesting that I didn’t mind taking my time with it. I listened to the audiobook, which only added to my enjoyment. Recommended to Regency fans, and I’ll be seeking out more books by this author.

(Reviewed from an e-audiobook borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment