Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle

The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle -- In the six months since his sister died, Quinn has barely left his house. He has stopped working on his screenplay, and he has intentionally lost his cell phone. When his best friend drags him out to shop, get a haircut, and go to a party, it's the start of a crazy week, full of plot twists and revelations and even a little romance.

Federle has a keen ear for dialogue and a deft hand at character development. I didn't always like Quinn, but I always found myself rooting for him. I'd recommend this to readers who liked Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

(Reviewed from a copy borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment