Friday, June 3, 2016

Ms. Rapscott's Girls by Elise Primavera

Ms. Rapscott's Girls by Elise Primavera -- Five daughters of extremely busy parents are sent to a most unusual boarding school, but one gets lost along the way.

Eh, it was okay. It's written in a style reminiscent of Lemony Snicket -- is there a word for that style? It's common enough among children's books that there ought to be. Kind of whimsical, bordering on absurd? Anyhow, there were adventures and lessons, but nothing in the story felt particularly fresh to me. Young readers who are not as jaded as I might enjoy it more. I listened to the audiobook, but even Katherine Kellgren couldn't manage to save this one from mediocrity for me.

(Reviewed from an e-audiobook borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment