Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer Days and Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perkins

Summer Days and Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perkins -- These twelve stories of summer love are (almost) as delightful as the first twelve collected in My True Love Gave to Me (almost, because there is no Rainbow Rowell story in this collection). As with any short story collection, there are high points and low points: I enjoyed Perkins' follow-up to her winter story, could have done without Francesca Lia Block's tale, I don't think Jon Skovron actually knows any women based on how he writes them, but I loved Lev Grossman's story and found that it ended the collection on just the right note. Fans of YA, of romance, and of short stories will enjoy these seasonal offerings.

(Reviewed from a copy borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment