Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Prudence by Gail Carriger

Prudence by Gail Carriger is the first book in a new series, set in the same world as the Parasol Protectorate, but about 20 years in the future.

I'm not sure why, but I can't seem to finish a series by Gail Carriger before starting reading another series. So far, I've read three of the Parasol Protectorate, two of the Finishing School, and now one of the Custard Protocol. It's not precisely that I get bored, but I do find I can't binge-read her books or the style begins to grate on my nerves. So I put down a series, meaning to pick it up again later, and then a new series comes along and, well...

I found this about on par with her other books, so fans of the author, take note. I also found Prudence to be similar in character to our girl Jacky, so fans of the Bloody Jack series might also want to take note. All in all, a fun romp. Maybe I will be able to stick with this series (it helps that the second book is not out yet)!

(Reviewed from an e-audiobook borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment