Thursday, May 26, 2016

Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea is the story of one fifth-grade classroom and their inspirational teacher, and what happens in the aftermath of a tragic accident. I can see why this book has achieved moderate popularity: it has the funny and heartwarming elements typical to this type of story, and with its school setting and balance of male and female point of view characters, it will work well in the classroom. I found it difficult to distinguish between some of the characters -- Jessica and Anna, for instance, have a very similar narrative voice. Still, it made for a pleasant read (well, listen, as I read it via audiobook) and I'll recommend it to readers looking for something a little bit like Wonder, as it has the same sort of setting and gentle moral tone.

(Reviewed from an e-audiobook, borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment