Friday, October 3, 2014

Troll's Eye View, edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling

Troll's Eye View is another short story collection edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling. Each of these stories is a twist on the original, since it takes the villain's perspective. The stories range from humorous to bittersweet. I found that I liked this collection even better than A Wolf at the Door. My favorite story in this collection is "A Delicate Architecture" by Cathrynne M. Valente, which is a prequel to Hansel and Gretel, explaining where the witch with the gingerbread house came from and why she behaves as she does. There are several other stories in the book that I really enjoyed as well, and none that I actively disliked. Readers of fractured and twisted fairy tales should certainly look this one up!

(Reviewed from my personally purchased copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment