Thursday, March 15, 2012

i heart bloomberg by Melody Carson


I picked up i heart bloomberg by Melody Carlson because it was a Kindle freebie. When I finished my previous read on my Kindle, I just clicked over to the next thing that sounded interesting. The two books are nearly as different as night and day, but sometimes that's a good thing.

In i heart bloomberg, three twenty-something women are looking for better living arrangements. They each respond to an intriguing ad: rooms for rent in a luxurious upscale home located in an ideal location. After agreeing to sign the lease, however, they discover that the ad may not have been entirely truthful -- sure, the location is great, but the house is run down. Moreover, landlady Kendall is a complete basket case: a narcissistic shopaholic with a drinking problem, huge credit card debts, and an equally huge sense of entitlement. The four women have their ups and downs as they adjust to their new situation.

This was a quick and fluffy read -- enjoyable, but without much substance. The writing was okay, but not great. All in all, I don't regret reading it, but I probably won't seek out the rest of the series.

(Reviewed from a free electronic copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment