Friday, February 3, 2012

I have such good friends!

The other day, a package showed up in my mailbox -- a few galleys from a friend who attended ALA Midwinter.  I'll admit it: the exhibit floor, and the many free advance copies of books available there, is one of my favorite parts of any ALA conference.  The programs are useful, the committee work is important, but the exhibits are fun.

At any rate, I wasn't able to go this year, but a little sampling of that fun came to me.  I think I'll tell the rest of this story with pictures.

Here's my kitchen table:
(Usually it's much messier than this.)

Look!  A little pile of galleys!

Yes, there's One Dog and His Boy by Eva Ibbotson, and The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen, and Earwig and the Witch by Diana Wynne Jones, and . . . wait a minute, could it be?  Is that . . .

It is!
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore!

I was, frankly, amazed.  I hear that Bitterblue was the hottest galley at the conference.  I'll be blogging about each of them soon, though I'm going to reread Graceling before I get to Bitterblue, as I want the details of that world to be fresh in my mind as I read.

Thanks, Sherri -- and thank you to to the people at Scholastic, Dial, and HarperCollins for making these books available.

No comments:

Post a Comment