Sunday, October 14, 2018

Amulet: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi

 After a family tragedy Emily, Navin, and their mom move into an old house that used to belong to their great-grandfather, a self-made inventor. When Emily finds a mysterious amulet, the family is drawn into wild and dangerous adventures in a fantasy world.

I can see how this series has gained so much popularity with kids -- it's got plenty of action, good pacing, and a strong plot. Being a graphic novel, it's naturally a quick read (I read it over the course of a couple of lunch breaks). I probably won't continue with the series, but I'd recommend it to kids who love graphic novels, if there are still any out there who haven't found it yet.

(Reviewed from a copy borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment