Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Have His Carcase by Dorothy Sayers

In Have His Carcase by Dorothy Sayers, Harriet Vane stumbles upon a dead body on a deserted beach. Evidence shows that the man has been dead for only minutes, but there's nobody else in sight. Was it suicide -- or murder? And will Harriet find herself a suspect in yet another murder investigation?

Each Lord Peter Wimsey novel seems to have something particular to recommend it, and in this one, it's the glimpses we get into Harriet's character and thought processes, and Harriet and Lord Peter's developing relationship. I'm really looking forward to Gaudy Night (I'm skipping Murder Must Advertise because I read it last year), but I have a few non-Sayers books to read in the interim.

(Reviewed from my personally purchased copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment