Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Guts by Raina Telgemeier

In fifth grade, Raina struggles with anxiety-related stomach problems, plus teasing from another girl in her class.

I expect that readers who enjoy Telgemeier's other memoirs will like this one as well, though she's younger here, so readers new to her might benefit from starting with this one. I liked it well enough, though I didn't relate as strongly as I had expected I would. I liked how the book normalized therapy and pointed out that a lot more people go to therapy than talk about it.

(Reviewed from a copy borrowed through my library system.)

1 comment:

  1. I gotta-lotta-bodacious guts, dear.
    Why? How many peepow dost thou
    know who have ben to 7thHeaven?
    How many peepow talk about what
    they saw N the weeerd, raw glories?
    Follow me2theWeddingFeastASAP:
    ● NOPEcantELOPE.blogspot.com ●
    Cya soon, miss adorable girl...

    ReplyDelete