Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Archenemies by Marissa Meyer

Nova remains undercover with the Renegades, while Adrian has his own secret identity as the Sentinel. If either secret is discovered, it will mean disaster. But the two find themselves drawing closer, despite the secrets that they can't share. Meanwhile, the Renegades develop a new weapon, and Nova struggles to find something to help the Anarchists achieve their goals.

I don't know, I just feel like this book has a bad case of Middle Novel Syndrome. It has some action, but none of the big plot twists of the first book. I'm also not terribly invested in the love story. I listened to the audiobook, and had a big gap in the middle of listening, and I found I wasn't anxious to get back to the story. Most of what happened seemed to be setup for the final book, which I look forward to reading -- especially since none of the predictions I made in my review of the last book were fulfilled in this one, but I still think they will be in the next one!

(Reviewed from an e-audiobook borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment