Sunday, March 20, 2016

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill -- Em used to be sweet and naive, and maybe a little self-centered. Her biggest worry was how to make her best friend James see her as more than a friend. That was then -- now, she's trying to save the world.

This is a fast-paced YA dystopia with a time travel element. I was impressed at the plotting and the pacing. The time travel wasn't exhaustively explained, but we get enough information to buy in to it, and the plot moves along quickly and keeps the reader engaged. I also liked the characters, and thought the author did a good job of showing the development from their past selves to their future selves. I have some problems with the ending, but I won't get into that here and spoil it for you (though, if you've read it, I'd love to discuss). Bottom line: if this type of story appeals to you at all, you should read this book.

(Reviewed from a copy borrowed through my library system.)

No comments:

Post a Comment