Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty

The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty is the second book in the Colors of Madeleine series.

In the Kingdom of Cello, the Royal Youth Alliance searches for a way to re-open the cracks in the kingdom and retrieve the missing members of the royal family from our world.

This book dragged on a bit, for me. It suffers from being the second book in a trilogy, I think. There were some interesting plot twists toward the end, but not enough to make the middle of the book worthwhile, I'm afraid. Perhaps, when the third book is released, fans of the series will want to read this before going on to the final book, but at the moment, I can't say that I recommend it.

(Reviewed from an advance copy, courtesy of the publisher.)

No comments:

Post a Comment