Saturday, May 12, 2012

Whose Body? and The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club by Dorothy Sayers


In Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers, a powerful businessman is missing. On the night of his disappearance, an unidentified corpse turns up in a bathtub. Are the two incidents related? It's up to Lord Peter to discover the truth.

The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club reminded me a bit of Unnatural Death. In this book, an elderly gentleman is found dead in his usual chair at his club. It seems obvious that he had a heart attack, but the time of death is very difficult to ascertain. Normally it wouldn't matter, but there's a complicated issue of inheritance that depends upon the old gentleman's exact time of death. In investigating the old gentleman's final 24 hours, Lord Peter discovers that there's more to the death than anyone originally suspected.

When reading a series, I often find that I've said everything I want to say about them in the first post or so. I'll continue to read and enjoy this series, but my postings about the books are probably going to be brief.

(Reviewed from my personally purchased copies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment